Digital signs are created through the application of technologies such as Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Light-emitting diode (LED) and projection. The signs are presented in the form of either text, images, video or interactive interfaces. FM Digital LED Signs provide tablets, touch screens, way finding kiosks, menu boards, LED retail displays, LED window signage, corporate signage, rental displays, foldable screens, and transparent displays. Digital marketing is so pervasive that consumers have access to information any time and any place they want it.
Such Digital signage is becoming increasingly the preferred option for marketing. Australia is currently the world leader in the growth of digital solutions. A report titled “Australian Digital Signage Systems Market, 2015” brought to light that the digital signage market (including sale of digital signage displays, media players, software and content management) grew by a whopping 12.1% during the year 2014 to reach $133 million and is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.9 percent during the period 2015 and 2020. This growth has been attributed to the opportunities in the financial sector and the outdoor marketing space. Digital signs are increasingly being used to replace traditional signage in retail, telecommunications, banking and fast food sectors.
Digital signs provide a range of benefits over traditional print signage and some of these advantages are listed below:
- Digital signs are able to reach mass audiences and are able to play targeted messages at transit points or at points of sale. Higher resolution screens, larger than life displays along with high definition content are able to engage customers in a much more effective manner than print signage.
- As the content is dynamic and graphics are in motion it makes the message more attractive, leads to a higher recall and leads to sales lift from promotions. Research shows that digital media has twice the recall of non-digital media.
- A single screen is capable of displaying multiple messages. This feature allows businesses to optimize the real estate cost of signage.
- Digital signage is easy to create, edit and update through content management systems. Some businesses are also re-purposing their existing content to a digital format.
- Updating of digital signage content can be undertaken from a remote location. Information about new products and promotions can be instantly transferred to numerous screens with the click of a button.
- Digital signage allow for greater interaction with the customer. Interactive devices such as touch screens and gamification solutions can be used to engage the customer and enhance their awareness about the brand.